Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

retrospect and random things

Ten Years Ago
oh geez. ten years ago i was a freshman at windsor and i have to say, that was probably my favorite year of high school. i was so stupid. it was a lot of fun. young life was a big thing for me, and that's also when i got into the youth group at savannah christian. that year had a rough start b/c i moved from the eastside to the southside, which was basically like transferring from a foreign country.

Five Years Ago
i was in my sophomore year at milligan. i still wasnt sure what i was doing there or how i was affording it, but i started liking it and making great friends. i started playing guitar a lot more, and not just by myself in my room when i was sure no one else was around. this was the year i took my first camping trip. this was the year i was britney spears in a lip-sync contest during twirp week. this was the year i climbed into the seeger bell tower for the first time and saw the most amazing view of the campus at nighttime. this was the year john hammon and i became good friends. it was the year that i decided i loved milligan and didnt want to go home immediately when it was time for a break.

One Year Ago
i was living in a really cool apartment in downtown savannah with my ultra-cool dog, romeo. i was faced with a crazy job offer to work as the creative programmer for the youth ministry at saddleback in lake forest, california. i was glad i didnt get the job (update: the girl they hired had like a meltdown or something six months into it and quit. they're still looking for a replacement). i actually think i a year ago exactly that i found out i didnt get the job (w/i a few days, give or take).

Now
i am living with my parents for 6 months to pay off my debt. i am teaching (again) at windsor (my old high school) and loving it. i am looking to move to atlanta or athens next summer and teach somewhere up there. i am looking forward to being in heather's wedding in march and cathy's wedding in july.

Five yummy things
1. cherry coke
2. chocolate
that about sums it up

Five songs I know by heart
1. ganstas paradise
2. anything by copeland
3. anything by waterdeep
4. fresh prince theme song
5. pretty much any counting crows song

Five things I would do with a lot of money
1. Pay off all my debt.
2. Buy a second home in Italy or Ireland and travel all over Europe
3. pay for erik's college
4. fix my stupid car
5. get plane tickets for my favorite 50 people or so and take them to hawaii for a week

Five places I would escape to
1. ireland
2. Italy
3. Greece
4. NYC
5. Oregon

Five things I would never wear
1. any shade of pink
2. a new kids on the block shirt . . . oh, wait . . . dangit
3. my collar up
4. a shirt advertising a clothing company
5. denim jumper (like the ones elementary school teachers wear)

Five favorite TV shows
1. extreme makeover : home edition
i dont really watch a lot of tv

Five favorite films
1. gone with the wind
2. any 80s movie featuring molly ringwald
3. Braveheart
4. dead poets society
5. man on fire

Five things I enjoy doing
1. Reading
2. Watching movies
3. Traveling
4. singing
5. playing guitar

1 comment:

BBC said...

Laura, I am commenting on an older post because you were spammed on a newer one and I didn't want to associate myself with it. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you and I do remember you, we talked about teaching english and other such things. I also wanted to say that I am adding your blog to my 'friends' bookmark thing of people whose websites I check pretty often. Take that as you will